Experienced organic vegetable gardener needed for Roxbury Estate. Two days per week from March/April to September/October. Responsibilities: ordering plants/materials, installing plants, maintaining throughout growing season, pest control, soil testing, feeding, harvesting, and closing for winter. Please inquire at 805-377-9551
Southern Connecticut State University
posted March 2020
Starting this Fall Semester the Biology Department at Southern Connecticut State University has four open adjunct positions to teach the following courses:
Botany for Non-Majors Lab only, which meets for 2 hours once a week (3 sections: Mon 10:10-12, Mon 1:10-3, and Tues 9:10-11). This is a hybrid course; the labs will be taught in person outdoors at various local natural settings (Sleeping Giant, West Rock, etc).
Botany for Non-Majors Lecture and Lab, which meets for 2 hours twice a week (1 section: Tues and Thurs 5:10-7pm). This is a completely online course.
Biology II: Botany for Majors Lab only, which meets for 2 hours twice a week (5 sections: Mon/ Weds 11:10-1pm, Mon/Weds 2:10-4pm, Mon/Weds 5:10-7pm, Tues/Thurs 10:10-11am, and Tues/Thurs 1:10-3pm). This is a hybrid course; some labs will be in the classroom and some labs will be outdoors.
The Fall Semester runs from Aug 24 until Dec 15, however all on campus labs will end before Thanksgiving.
The salary for 1 semester, teaching 8 hours per week, is approximately $13,000.
master's degree in a plant biology related field
Contact: Rebecca A. Silady, Ph.D.
Biology Department, JE 230B
Southern Connecticut State University
203 392 6217
Spring 2020 Office Hours: Mon 11-12 & 1-2; Tues 3-4; Weds 11-12; Thurs 3-4
Part-time seasonal gardener needed a few hours per week for private weekend home in Stanfordville, NY starting late June. Responsibilities include watering and weeding newly planted trees, small fruit & vegetable garden, and a few garden beds. Work may increase with bulb planting in the fall and with installation of native plantings in spring.
• minimum one-year professional horticulture or gardening experience
• gardening or horticulture certificate a plus
Contact: Karen Cowperthwaite
Broken Arrow Nursery is a premier destination nursery in Hamden, Connecticut that acquires, develops, and grows rare, unusual and garden-worthy plants. We are seeking applicants who are energetic, motivated and passionate about plants to learn firsthand about the nursery industry and to become part of a collaborative team.
We have three job openings: a Horticulturist Assistant, Field Production Assistant and Sales Associate. For the position summary, job requirements and how to apply, interested applicants should link to the relevant job title. Application deadline is February 19, 2019.
To learn more details about our business, please visit our website at www.brokenarrownursery.com (posted 1/30/19)
Broken Arrow Nursery, 13 Broken Arrow Road, Hamden, CT 06518
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: 203-288-1026
Falls Village Flower Farm is a Plant Nursery widely known for propagating and growing high quality unique hardy perennials for the cultured gardener. This opportunity is for those who live and breathe plants, enjoy the beauty of gardens and are energetic, motivated and personable. We are located at 27 Kellogg Road, Falls Village, CT 06031 and please contact us at to apply.
• Propagation of herbaceous and woody perennials
• Maintaining and caring for potted perennials
• Keeping nursery neat and clean
• Maintaining and planting perennial and cut flower gardens
• Operation of small machinery
• Seasonal April thru September, 40-48 hours per week
27 Kellogg Road, Falls Village, CT 06031
860-824-0077 office • 860-248-0802 cell
• Northeast SARE Grant Opportunities Available for Agriculture: Please visit the Northeast SARE website for grant applciations. Northeast SARE serves Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
.• Nursery Sales Associate and a Nursery Assistant positions open at Broken Arrow Nursery. Come Join Our Dynamic Team! Broken Arrow Nursery is a premier destination nursery in Hamden, Connecticut that acquires, develops, and grows rare, unusual and garden-worthy plants. We are seeking applicants who are energetic, motivated and passionate about plants to become a part of our team. We have two job openings: a Nursery Sales Associate and a Nursery Assistant position. For the position summary, job requirements and how to apply, interested applicants should link to the relevant job title. To leam more details about our business, please visit our website at www.brokenarrowiiursery.com. Email: email@example.com, Phone:203-288-1026, Broken Arrow Nursery, 13 Broken Arrow Road, Hamden, Connecticut 06518. (posted 2/16/18).
• Skilled Gardener for Lakeville, CT private estate. Skilled gardener wanted for occasional, as needed help on large private estate in Lakeville, CT. Will work under supervision of head gardener but must have significant plant and garden maintenance knowledge. Horticulture or similar student OK. Must be willing to work as an independent contractor and start very early in the day. Typical duties might include spring and fall cleanup; transplanting and maintenance of perennials, annuals, and containers; weeding; pruning of shrubs; light mulching, etc. Compensation negotiable based on knowledge and experience. Contact Amy at (860) 350-3565. (posted 2/4/17).
• Are you looking for gardening jobs? We have been getting a few calls and emails from people looking for gardeners. Please send your name and contact information to Kathleen Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org, so that she will know to pass along your name.
Copyright © 2020 Mad Gardeners. All rights reserved.