Alphabetical List of Organizations
• ASLA- American Society of Landscape Gardeners - ctasla.org -
• BBG - Berkshire Botanical Garden - berkshirebotanical.org
• Capital District Garden & Flower Show - GardenAndFlowerShow.com
• Cary Institute - Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies - www.caryinstitute.org
• CACIWC - Connecticut Association of Conservation & Inland Wetlands Commissions - www.caciwc.org
• CIPWG - Connecticut Invasive Plant Working Group: www.cipwg.uconn.edu
• Cornell Cooperative Extension - for information contact 518-272-4210
• CT NOFA - Northeast Organic Farming Association of Connecticut - ctnofa.org - 203-308-2584
• GBC - Greenwich Botanical Center - www.gecgreenwich.org - 203-869-9242
• Hollister House Garden, 300 Nettleton Hollow Rd., Washington, Ct 06793 - 860-868-2200 - hollisterhousegarden.org
• Mad Gardeners - madgardeners.org
• Nature’s Voice - White Memorial Conservation Center's outreach show about everything Nature. Every Sunday at 2pm on WAPJ 89.9 & 105.1 FM Torrington Community Radio
• NCNC - New Canaan Nature Center, 144 Oenoke Ridge, New Canaan, CT 06840 - 203-966-9577 - www.NewCanaanNature.org
• NEWFS - New England Wild Flower Society, 180 Hemenway Road, Framingham, MA 01701 - www.newenglandwild.org
• Trade Secrets Rare Plant & Garden Antiques annual event to benefit Women's Support Services - www.tradesecretsct.com
• UConn Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program: www.ipm.uconn.edu
• UConn College of Agriculture, Health & Natural Resources - www.uconn.edu -
• UMass - University of Massachusetts Landscape, Nursery and Urban Forestry Program - French Hall, 230 Stockbridge Rd., Amherst, MA 01003 - 413 - 545-0895 - www.UMassGreenInfo.org
- Upcoming Programs & Events
- Garden Calendar
- Landscape Message
Please check ahead for all events in case of cancellations.
• Monthly: UMass Landscape Message
• TickTalk is Back!
DATE: the 2nd Wed. of the month @ 12noon
WHERE: Lenox Memorial School, 197 East St, Lenox, MA 01240
Starting in February, we will hear from Dr. Stephen Rich and the UMass Laboratory of Medical Zoology (LMZ) every month! This FREE series is brought to you by the UMass Laboratory of Medical Zoology and UMass Extension. TickTalk in 2020 will also feature exciting guest speakers on tick topics that you told us were important to YOU. The series will include seasonality and life stages of ticks (key to planning intervention and prevention), emerging or invasive tick species, how ticks use vegetation and leaf litter throughout their life cycle, increasing fears of Alpha-gal allergies (allergies to certain meat and animal-related products), dispelling myths of tick control, and many more. Mosquito concerns, including life cycle, behavior, and EEE infection, will also be addressed and Dr. Rich will discuss the tens of thousands of mosquitoes the LMZ tests each year for a range of viruses.
Pre-registration is required for joining this webinar. For more information visit TickReport.
• InsectXaminer from UMass Center for Agriculture, Food, and the Environment
Description: The InsectXaminer short video series hopes to increase the visibility of the beautiful world of insects, even those we consider to be pests in our managed landscapes. InsectXaminer will showcase the complexity of insect life cycles, cataloging as many life stages for each species as possible. The goal of this series is to provide professionals and land managers with footage that is helpful for learning the identification of insects throughout the season, rather than at any single point in their life cycle. Proper identification is key to successful management. If possible and caught on camera, important aspects of their biology and natural enemies will be revealed.
Follow this LINK
• BBG Virtual Learning
The Berkshire Botanical Garden offers several virtual learning opportunities for children, families, and beginning gardeners. See their offerings HERE
• NYBG At Home
New York Botanical Garden has a wide range of virtual events, plants guides, videos, and online courses. See the full list at NYBG-at-home.
A list of annual events currently cancelled or postponed
Copyright © 2020 Mad Gardeners. All rights reserved.