New Job Posting:
Nursery Manager – position open (posted 12/2018)
Falls Village Flower Farm is a Plant Nursery widely known for propagating and growing high quality unique hardy perennials for the cultured gardener.
This opportunity is for those who live and breathe plants, enjoy the beauty of gardens and are energetic, motivated and personable. We are located at 27 Kellogg Road, Falls Village, CT 06031 and please contact us at to apply.
• Propagation of herbaceous and woody perennials
• Maintaining and caring for potted perennials
• Keeping nursery neat and clean
• Maintaining and planting perennial and cut flower gardens
• Operation of small machinery
• Seasonal April thru September, 40-48 hours per week
27 Kellogg Road, Falls Village, CT 06031
860-824-0077 office • 860-248-0802 cell
• Northeast SARE Grant Opportunities Available for Agriculture: Please visit the Northeast SARE website for grant applciations. Northeast SARE serves Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
• Nursery Sales Associate and a Nursery Assistant positions open at Broken Arrow Nursery. Come Join Our Dynamic Team! Broken Arrow Nursery is a premier destination nursery in Hamden, Connecticut that acquires, develops, and grows rare, unusual and garden-worthy plants. We are seeking applicants who are energetic, motivated and passionate about plants to become a part of our team. We have two job openings: a Nursery Sales Associate and a Nursery Assistant position. For the position summary, job requirements and how to apply, interested applicants should link to the relevant job title. To leam more details about our business, please visit our website at www.brokenarrowiiursery.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone:203-288-1026, Broken Arrow Nursery, 13 Broken Arrow Road, Hamden, Connecticut 06518. (posted 2/16/18)
• Skilled Gardener for Lakeville, CT private estate. Skilled gardener wanted for occasional, as needed help on large private estate in Lakeville, CT. Will work under supervision of head gardener but must have significant plant and garden maintenance knowledge. Horticulture or similar student OK. Must be willing to work as an independent contractor and start very early in the day. Typical duties might include spring and fall cleanup; transplanting and maintenance of perennials, annuals, and containers; weeding; pruning of shrubs; light mulching, etc. Compensation negotiable based on knowledge and experience. Contact Amy at (860) 350-3565. (posted 2/4/17)
• Are you looking for gardening jobs? We have been getting a few calls and emails from people looking for gardeners. Please send your name and contact information to Kathleen Nelson, email@example.com, so that she will know to pass along your name.
• Friends of The High Line, NY, NY. Job listings click HERE.
• New York Botanical Garden. Employment Opportunities (includes part time, seasonal, and unpaid internships) click HERE.
• New York Botanical Garden. Volunteer Opportunities click HERE.
• Town & Gardens. Employment Opportunities click HERE.
• Tower Hill Botanic Garden. Jobs & Internships click HERE.
• UMass Center for Agriculture. Visit UMASS employment HERE to see a listing of employment opportunities at UMass Center for Agriculture.
• Highstead in Redding, CT. Visit Highstead HERE for information about internship opportunities at Highstead.
• Hudson River Park, NY, NY. Visit Hudson River Park for information about job opportunities.
• Central Park, New York, NY. Visit the official site of NYC’s Central Park for information about job opportunities.
• CT NOFA. Visit CTNOFA job postings HERE.